Alvia is a dual qualified lawyer having previously worked in India in the area of civil and commercial litigation before qualifying as a solicitor of England and Wales in 2011.
Alvia is a keen draftsman and with an eye for detail, has assisted clients in drafting commercial contracts, various business agreements and HR documents. Previously Alvia also handled private immigration matters and successfully made both points based and non-points-based applications to the Home Office and assisted clients in the Immigration Tribunals.
Alvia has travelled extensively and has worked in different geographic environments including, UK, India, Philippines and Saudi Arabia.
Banking and Financial Services
- Frequently advises and assists private clients on high value property backed re-financing transactions;
- Advised an Indian Bank in relation to a USD 10 million ECB Term Facility provided by the Bank to a Company;
- Advised an Indian Bank in relation to the purchase of Tier II Bonds;
- Advised client in relation to the Master Licence Agreement between ICE Benchmark Administration Limited and the client;
- Advised client in relation to the Note Purchase Agreement for USD 300 Million;
- Advised an Indian Bank in relation to its enforcement of Export Performance Guarantee issued by other banks.
- Acted on behalf of the lenders, purchasers and sellers in several residential sales transactions
- Successfully completed a property transaction in the value of £4.5 Million involving the purchase of a block of flats by a bank;
- Successfully acted and negotiated a long-term lease for two restaurants in Mayfair;
- Advised and drafted several commercial leases and licenses;
- Advised a company on acquisition and installation of charging stations for cars across their several gas station sites.
Corporate & Commercial
- Advised and assisted a company during its takeover of a hundred percent shareholding of another company;
- Advised a client on an option agreement to purchase a property in Marrakech;
- Advised and drafted gift deeds on behalf of a trust;
- Drafted Corporate Guarantees, Acknowledgement of Debt and Counter Guarantees.
Litigation & Arbitration
- Acted for a large company in a dispute involving its private jet aircraft;
- Acted for a multinational company in an ICC Arbitration;
- Successfully defended a company against a legal claim brought by Westminster Council;
- Acted for a media company in defending an injunction application claim for passing off
- Acted for an off-shore company in a claim for breach of lease, license and service charge arrears;
- Successfully defended a claim against a building company for breach of contract and professional negligence;
- Successfully assisted a hotel against a claim against its IT provider;
- Successfully assisted a company in recovery of overdue sums payable under an Equipment Hire Agreement;
- Advised a company in its claim against an auction house for misrepresentation.
Employment & Human Resources
- Advised a company on transfer of employees under the TUPE regulations during sale of its business;
- Drafting and vetting staff handbooks and HR Policies;
- Drafting, vetting and advising on employment contracts.
- Banking & Financial Services
- Litigation & Arbitration
- Corporate & Commercial
- BA (Hons.) Economics 1999
- LL.B 2002
- LLM 2008 (distinction)
Qualified to Practice
- England & Wales