- Candey Parker Legal Services Limited (T/A CND Parker) is a company incorporated in England and Wales under the Companies Act 2006 with registered number 07888807 and registered office at Thomas Ford House, 23-24 Smithfield Street, London EC1A 9LF.
- CND Parker is a body corporate limited by shares. We sometimes retain the traditional title of “partner” to describe directors of CND Parker and “firm” to describe the structure of the practice. There is however no partnership between the directors or employees or between the directors or the employees and CND Parker and hence the practice is not a partnership firm. A reference in these terms or elsewhere (whether in writing or orally) to a person being a “partner” is a reference to that person in their capacity as a director of CND Parker. A reference in these terms or elsewhere (whether in writing or orally) to the practice being a “firm” is a reference to company i.e. CND Parker.
- The Law Society represents solicitors in England and Wales. The Law Society is also a designated professional body for the purpose of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. The Solicitors Regulation Authority is the independent regulatory arm of The Law Society. The Legal Ombudsman is an independent body set up to adjudicate upon complaints which cannot be resolved within a firm’s complaints handling procedure.
- CND Parker is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. The SRA Handbook (which contains the rules of professional conduct which apply to solicitors including the SRA Code of Conduct and SRA Accounts Rules) can be viewed on the website of the Solicitors Regulation Authority (www.sra.org.uk).
- The provision of our legal services may involve regulated activities relating to investments within the meaning of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. We are not authorised by the Financial Services Authority, but we are able in certain circumstances to offer a limited range of investment services to clients if they are an incidental part of the legal services we are engaged to provide because we are a regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
CND Parker maintains professional indemnity insurance as required by the SRA Indemnity Rules. The insurance covers the professional services provided by the firm worldwide.
Privacy and data protection
- When you access this website, your computer’s browser provides us with electronic information such as your IP address, browser type and access time. This information is collected and used to compile statistical data on the use of the website. We use this information to help us improve the website and the services we offer.
- Any personal data collected during your use of this website will be processed in accordance with current United Kingdom data protection laws and for one or more of the purposes described in the paragraph below.
- Personal data submitted on this website will be used: for the purpose specified in the relevant part of the website; to enable us to supply you with information or assistance that you request; to enable us to provide you with information about us, our services and our events; and for any other purpose for which you give your consent. If at any time you wish to have your name removed from our database, please email: email@example.com.
Anti-money laundering procedures
- The United Kingdom’s anti-money laundering legislation and related regulations issued by The Law Society and Solicitors Regulation Authority require us to take steps to verify and document: (1) the identity and address of all clients of the firm (including the beneficial owner or effective controller of a company or trust); and (2) the source of monies paid to the firm. Sometimes we are able to verify and document the identity of a client through electronic data sources. If this is not possible, we will ask the client to provide us with the identification documents we are required to obtain. From time to time, or if their circumstances change, we may ask a client to provide up to date evidence of identity. If we are unable to obtain satisfactory evidence of identity, we will not be able to act or continue acting. We cannot accept funds from any source unless the source has previously been identified to our satisfaction. If payment is made in breach of this provision, normally the funds will be frozen until their source and provenance has been established.
- The legislation governing money laundering and the financing of terrorism has placed professional advisers (including lawyers) under a legal duty in certain circumstances to disclose information to the Serious Organised Crime Agency. Where a lawyer knows or suspects that a transaction involves money laundering or the financing of terrorists, he or she may be required to report their knowledge or suspicion to SOCA. If this happens, we will not be able to inform you that a disclosure has been made or of the reason for it, for legal reasons. We accept no liability for any loss, damage, costs or expenses that you might incur by reason of such disclosure.
Bribery and corruption
- CND Parker tries always to conduct its business in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and to the highest ethical standards. It will never knowingly commit or advise or assist a client or someone acting on behalf of a client to commit, an illegal act, including bribery or another form of corruption.
- We operate policies and procedures which comply with the United Kingdom’s anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws. They apply to all members of the firm and to anyone working on behalf of the firm. Anyone who provides services to the firm is expected to have similar policies and procedures in place.
- The firm’s anti-bribery and anti-corruption policies prohibit, either directly or via a third party, the offering, promising or giving of anything of value for an improper purpose or to gain a business advantage.
Frauds and scams
- Cybercrime is on the increase. You should be alive to the possibility that a criminal might deliberately misrepresent himself or herself as a member of, or as someone acting on behalf of or working with, CND Parker, in order to carry out a fraud. Such scams normally originate by email. Often it will either promise the recipient a share of a large sum of money in return for paying a modest sum up front or request information about the recipient’s bank account in order that money can be paid to them. Sometimes the email will direct the recipient to a false website that intentionally replicates the look of a legitimate website.
- If you receive an email purporting to come from CND Parker, or if you are directed to a website that purports to be CND Parker’s website, and you have any doubts at all about the provenance of the email or website, please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by telephone before you take any action and we will tell you whether the email came from us or whether it is our website.
- All rights, including copyright, in the content of these web pages are owned by CND Parker.
- By accessing the CND Parker website, you agree that you may only download the content for your own personal non-commercial use. Except where expressly stated otherwise, you are not permitted to copy, broadcast, download, store (in any medium), transmit, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the content of these CND Parker web pages for any other purpose whatsoever without the prior written permission of CND Parker.
This Legal Notice and all issues relating to this website and its content are governed by English law. Unless CND Parker elects otherwise, any dispute relating to this Legal Notice or to this website or its content shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
CND Parker have been our solicitors since their establishment. We have been advised by their Founding Partner for over 20 years. They have dealt with our Property transactions and Commercial Litigation matters with expertise and very professionally and timeously. CND Parker resolve issues by thinking out of the box and providing innovative solutions. We have found them to be very effective on Share Purchase Agreements, Cross Border Litigation, dispute resolution without going to Courts and expensive Trials. They have assisted and advised us on Trust matters and Corporate structures for both our clients and us. Their fees are very reasonable and we would highly recommend them to our clients.
We have known CND Parker for nearly 10 years now during which time we have worked on multitude of transactions. The first thing which comes to mind when somebody mentions them is Trust. Whoever they may be representing in a transaction they earn the trust and respect of all parties involved.
Secondly, Abhijit Khandeparkar and team are known for having business/commercial understanding which is essential for corporate legal work. Thirdly their ability to make their work-time schedules flexible to deliver a quick turnaround has helped us when working on a tight deadline. I wish Abhijit and team the very best of success for years to come which they richly deserve.
We have known Abhijit Khandeparkar for about 15 years and have used his services for our legal requirements. The services provided by him and the entire team at CND Parker has been to our satisfaction.
Most importantly they understand our business and provide commercially prudent legal advice. CND Parker has handled several cases for us, and we reaffirm our confidence in the firm and their services. CND Parker certainly add value to our business.
We had instructed CND PARKER in a particularly difficult case involving a claim brought against us by a large company. The opposing party was represented by a reputed heavy weight law firm.
Our legal position dramatically changed in correspondence and we could negotiate a settlement without having to pay anything to the other side. I was particularly pleased with my interaction with Mr. Abhijit Khandeparkar, whose guidance has always been frank and honest.
We were hesitant at first to change our solicitors whom we had used for years. However, on strong recommendations from our business partners we engaged the services of CND Parker for our property work. We can emphatically say that we do not regret our decision.
Their team members are easily approachable and are down to earth in their interactions. Alvia Ahmad has been meticulous and prompt in the property work carried out for us. We would strongly recommend CND Parker to all our business friends.