Mobile: +44 (0) 7500 660 946
Tel: + 44 (0) 20 7936 3919
Insolvency and Restructuring
Bhartendu specialises in the area of Insolvency, Possession proceedings (residential and commercial) and business restructuring and general commercial litigation.
Bhartendu specialises in both corporate and personal insolvency including administrations, receiverships, creditors voluntary/compulsory/provisional/members voluntary liquidations, preferential payment claims, claim against office holders and related matters.
His practice mostly covers contentious and non-contentious insolvency matters assisting office holders, companies, lenders, directors and private individuals.
Some of his recent work in insolvency area includes:
- Assisted lender in successful multimillion-pound recovery where the company was in administration.
- Successfully assisted administrator in preferential payment claim.
- Assisted clients in sale of various distressed assets including residential properties, commercial premises, hotels and manufacturing industries.
- Assisted clients in obtaining summary judgement applications against the debtors and guarantors in high value claims where the debtors are based outside jurisdiction;
- Successfully assisted clients with various applications under the Insolvency Act 1986;
- Assisted clients in numerous personal insolvency matters.
- Successfully assisted numerous clients in issuing winding up petitions and bankruptcy petitions.
Selected Reported Cases
- Bank of India, Indian Overseas Bank, Canara Bank and Syndicate Bank -v- PFS Shipping (India) Limited  EWHC 3831 (Comm) – 28 million pound recovery claim on behalf of the banks where court granted summary judgement against the defendant.
- Bank of India -v- Cati Mandencilik Ithalat Ve Ihracat AS and Facor Alloys Limited  EWHC 3860 (Comm) – Multi million pound recovery claim on behalf of the bank wherein the one defendant was based in Turkey and second defendant in India.
- Union Bank of India (UK) Limited -v- Alectrona Energy Private Limited, Zynery Solar Projects and Services Private Limited, Rohit Rabindranath.
- Sahota v Middlesex Broadcasting Corporation Ltd & Ors  EWHC 504 (QB) (05 March 2021)