/ ABHIJIT KHANDEPARKAR
Solicitor & Indian Advocate
Mobile: +44 (0) 7884457940
Corporate & Commercial
Banking & Financial Services
Qualified to Practice
England & Wales
Abhijit is the founding partner and director of CND Parker.
Abhijit is a dual qualified lawyer with right to practice in England and Wales and in India. He is an experienced and multi-faceted lawyer who has advised and represented clients across a range of sectors over the last two decades. He has advised major Indian Banks, Conglomerates and high net worth individuals on a full range of issues both under English and Indian Law.
Abhijit’s expertise includes all aspects of company and commercial law. He is an astute solicitor and an outstanding negotiator who always achieves the best outcome for his clients. He has had very successful outcomes on a range of business agreements.
Abhijit has represented clients in complex commercial litigations and debt recovery in the County Courts, High Court and Court of Appeal. He has experience in international arbitrations under the aegis of the ICC and LCIA.
Abhijit acts as a trustee for large trusts and has in the past held senior positions of responsibility in the pharmaceutical industry. He is an author with several published papers in legal journals and has contributed to a book on Intellectual Property Law (Macmillan, 2006).
He is an invited speaker at local, national and international legal conferences and fora.
Banking & Financial Services
- Advised a large Indian Bank on a USD 50 million Facility for a multinational client;
- Advised a bank on a USD 20 million Facility for financing a project in India;
- Advised a Private Investment Company on a USD 15 million lending to a company in Norway;
- Advised a client on a USD 50 million EPC funding from Chinese lenders;
- Advised a client for partnering in a Singapore based fund – value USD 5 million;
- Successfully assisted number of clients in the debt recovery proceedings notably outstanding dues owed to a Bank in the sum of £ 3.3 million;
- Advised and assisted a Bank in reviewing security and drafting complex loan documentation involving several mining companies in UK and Europe;
- Advised and assisted a Bank for its loan facility of Euro 4.5M to a company based in Mexico secure by its parent in Germany;
- Advised and assisted a large Indian Bank in its loan facility of USD 50.0 Million to a pharmaceutical company based in Switzerland secured by a corporate guarantee by its parent based in India;
- Advised and assisted a Bank in drafting loan documentation and reviewing security involving several IT companies in Europe and India;
- Advised and assisted a Bank in drafting loan documentation for acquisition finance disbursement involving an English company acquiring a chain of petrol stations with cross guarantees provided by its parent in Kenya;
- Advised and assisted a financial institution for ECB disbursement involving a corporate setting up a large airport project in central Maharashtra, India;
- Drafting documentation for acquisition finance disbursement involving an English company acquiring a chain of petrol stations with cross guarantees provided by its parent in Kenya;
- Acted for a Portuguese Bank in its recovery proceedings in England;
- Advised a large Indian Bank on a USD 50 Million Facility for a multinational client.
- Advised a Bank on a USD 20 Million Facility for financing a project in India;
- Advised large private Investment Company on a USD 15 Million lending to a large company in Norway;
- Advised a client on a USD 50 Million EPC funding from Chinese lenders;
- Advised a client for partnering in a Singapore based fund – value USD 5 Million;
- Advised a Bank in the re-finance of loans secured by mortgages over two ships where the borrower was based in BVI and the ships registered in Liberia.
Corporate, Commercial & M&A
- Advised a Honk Kong based corporate in negotiation and concluding a joint venture agreement for manufacturing methanol manufacturing facility in Russia;
- Advised an Indian company in its JV with a Canadian company for a project on PPP model in India;
- Advised a Honk Kong based company on EPC contract and funding from Chinese lenders;
- Advised on a multi-million dollar agreement for debt financing with borrower based in Singapore.
- Advised and acted for a large infrastructure and financial services company for FSA authorization;
- Acted for a high net worth individual in an instruction involving cross border acquisition/ investment in several companies;
- Acted for an English investment company for setting up microcredit financing facilities in India;
- Advised and assisted a UK based Company owning a chain of petrol station in the refinancing of its debt by a UK Bank in the sum of GBP 6.0 Million;
- Advised and assisted a Company in the purchase and refinancing of a private jet;
- Advised and assisted a lender in the financing of UK based automotive parts manufacturer secured by its plant and machinery and guarantees by its parent based in the UK in the sum of USD 12.6 Million;
- Advised a private company in the acquisition of 100% shares in a Norway based company and refinancing of the same;
- Advised and assisted a Bank in a loan facility in the sum of USD 8.0 Million to a company based in the United States of America for its wind energy project secured by the parent based in India.
Litigation, Arbitration & Debt Recovery
- Successfully acted for a Bank in a dispute with its borrowing customer in recovery proceedings (customer based in India);
- Successfully assisted number of clients in the debt recovery proceedings notably outstanding dues owed to a Bank in the sum of £ 3.3 Million.
Selected Reported Cases
- Hill Street Services Company Ltd v National Westminster Bank plc  EWHC 2379 (Ch);
- Kingsway Investment & Anor v Falmouth House Freehold Company Ltd  EWCA Civ 1004;
- Berryland Books Ltd v BK Books Ltd & Ors  EWHC 1877 (Ch);
- Choudhary & Ors v Bhattar & Ors  EWCA Civ. 1176;  2 All E.R. 1031;  2 All E.R. (Comm.) 419;
- Governor and Company of the Bank of Ireland v State Bank of India  NIQB 22.