Mobile: +44 (0) 7884457940
Tel: + 44 (0) 20 7936 3919
Corporate & Commercial
Banking & Financial Services
Qualified to Practice
England & Wales
Abhijit is the founding partner and director of CND Parker.
Abhijit is a dual qualified lawyer with right to practice in England and Wales and in India. He is an experienced and multi-faceted lawyer who has advised and represented clients across a range of sectors over the last two decades. He has advised major Indian Banks, Conglomerates and high net worth individuals on a full range of issues both under English and Indian Law.
Abhijit’s expertise includes all aspects of company and commercial law. He is an astute solicitor and an outstanding negotiator who always achieves the best outcome for his clients. He has had very successful outcomes on a range of business agreements.
Abhijit has represented clients in complex commercial litigations and debt recovery in the County Courts, High Court and Court of Appeal. He has experience in international arbitrations under the aegis of the ICC and LCIA.
Abhijit acts as a trustee for large trusts and has in the past held senior positions of responsibility in the pharmaceutical industry. He is an author with several published papers in legal journals.
He is an invited speaker at local, national and international legal conferences and fora.
Banking & Financial Services
- Advised a large Indian Bank on a USD 50 million Facility for a multinational client;
- Advised a bank on a USD 20 million Facility for financing a project in India;
- Advised a Private Investment Company on a USD 15 million lending to a company in Norway;
- Advised a client on a USD 50 million EPC funding from Chinese lenders;
- Advised a client for partnering in a Singapore based fund – value USD 5 million;
- Successfully assisted number of bank clients in the debt recovery proceedings;
- Advised and assisted a Bank in reviewing security and drafting complex loan documentation involving several mining companies in UK and Europe;
- Advised and assisted a Bank for its loan facility of Euro 4.5M to a company based in Mexico secure by its parent in Germany;
- Advised and assisted a large Indian Bank in its loan facility of USD 50.0 Million to a pharmaceutical company based in Switzerland secured by a corporate guarantee by its parent based in India;
- Advised and assisted a Bank in drafting loan documentation and reviewing security involving several IT companies in Europe and India;
- Advised and assisted a Bank in drafting loan documentation for acquisition finance disbursement involving an English company acquiring a chain of petrol stations with cross guarantees provided by its parent in Kenya;
- Advised and assisted a financial institution for ECB disbursement involving a corporate setting up a large airport project in central Maharashtra, India;
- Acted for a Portuguese Bank in its recovery proceedings in England;
- Advised a large Indian Bank on a USD 50 Million Facility for a multinational client.
- Advised a Bank on a USD 20 Million Facility for financing a project in India;
- Advised large private Investment Company on a USD 15 Million lending to a large company in Norway;
- Advised a client on a USD 50 Million EPC funding from Chinese lenders;
- Advised a client for partnering in a Singapore based fund – value USD 5 Million;
- Advised a Bank in the re-finance of loans secured by mortgages over two ships where the borrower was based in BVI and the ships registered in Liberia.
Corporate, Commercial & M&A
- Advised and assisted a company in the cross-border transaction involving technology licensing and manufacture of vaccines.
- Advised and assisted a company in the sale of a fuel station chain.
- Advised a Honk Kong based corporate in negotiation and concluding a joint venture agreement for manufacturing methanol manufacturing facility in Russia;
- Advised an Indian company in its JV with a Canadian company for a project on PPP model in India;
- Advised on a multi-million-dollar agreement for debt financing with borrower based in Singapore.
- Advised and acted for a large infrastructure and financial services company for FSA authorization;
- Acted for a high net worth individual in an instruction involving cross border acquisition/ investment in several companies;
- Acted for an English investment company for setting up microcredit financing facilities in India;
- Advised and assisted a Company in the purchase and refinancing of a private jet;
- Advised a private company in the acquisition of 100% shares in a Norway based company and refinancing of the same;
Litigation, Arbitration & Debt Recovery
- Successfully acted for a Bank in a dispute with its borrowing customer in recovery proceedings (customer based in India);
- Successfully assisted number of clients in the debt recovery proceedings notably outstanding dues owed to a Bank in the sum of £ 3.3 Million.
Selected Reported Cases
- Hill Street Services Company Ltd v National Westminster Bank plc  EWHC 2379 (Ch).
- Kingsway Investment & Anor v Falmouth House Freehold Company Ltd  EWCA Civ 1004.
- Berryland Books Ltd v BK Books Ltd & Ors  EWHC 1877 (Ch).
- Choudhary & Ors v Bhattar & Ors  EWCA Civ. 1176;  2 All E.R. 1031;  2 All E.R. (Comm.) 419.
- Governor and Company of the Bank of Ireland v State Bank of India  NIQB 22.
- Bank of India, Indian Overseas Bank, Canara Bank & Syndicate Bank v PFS Shipping (India) Limited  EWHC 3831 (Comm).
- Bank of India v Cati Mandencilik Ithalat VE Ihracat AS and Facor Alloys Ltd  EWHC 3860.
- Union Bank of India (UK) Limited -v- Alectrona Energy Private Limited, Zynery Solar Projects and Services Private Limited, Rohit Rabindranath 
- Sahota v Middlesex Broadcasting Corporation Ltd & Ors  EWHC 504 (QB) (05 March 2021)
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
CND Parker have been our solicitors since their establishment. We have been advised by their Founding Partner for over 20 years. They have dealt with our Property transactions and Commercial Litigation matters with expertise and very professionally and timeously. CND Parker resolve issues by thinking out of the box and providing innovative solutions. We have found them to be very effective on Share Purchase Agreements, Cross Border Litigation, dispute resolution without going to Courts and expensive Trials. They have assisted and advised us on Trust matters and Corporate structures for both our clients and us. Their fees are very reasonable and we would highly recommend them to our clients.
We have known CND Parker for nearly 10 years now during which time we have worked on multitude of transactions. The first thing which comes to mind when somebody mentions them is Trust. Whoever they may be representing in a transaction they earn the trust and respect of all parties involved.
Secondly, Abhijit Khandeparkar and team are known for having business/commercial understanding which is essential for corporate legal work. Thirdly their ability to make their work-time schedules flexible to deliver a quick turnaround has helped us when working on a tight deadline. I wish Abhijit and team the very best of success for years to come which they richly deserve.
We have known Abhijit Khandeparkar for about 15 years and have used his services for our legal requirements. The services provided by him and the entire team at CND Parker has been to our satisfaction.
Most importantly they understand our business and provide commercially prudent legal advice. CND Parker has handled several cases for us, and we reaffirm our confidence in the firm and their services. CND Parker certainly add value to our business.
We had instructed CND PARKER in a particularly difficult case involving a claim brought against us by a large company. The opposing party was represented by a reputed heavy weight law firm.
Our legal position dramatically changed in correspondence and we could negotiate a settlement without having to pay anything to the other side. I was particularly pleased with my interaction with Mr. Abhijit Khandeparkar, whose guidance has always been frank and honest.
We were hesitant at first to change our solicitors whom we had used for years. However, on strong recommendations from our business partners we engaged the services of CND Parker for our property work. We can emphatically say that we do not regret our decision.
Their team members are easily approachable and are down to earth in their interactions. Alvia Ahmad has been meticulous and prompt in the property work carried out for us. We would strongly recommend CND Parker to all our business friends.